There is a sizable body of evidence underpinning the effectiveness of complementary approaches in improving the health and wellbeing of older people. T’ai Chi, Yoga and the Alexander Technique have been shown to be particularly beneficial – and we have, during the past few years, incorporated them in a number of successful short pilot programmes. The expansion of this work is one of our primary strategic aims.
- Rosehill Singers meet weekly on Mondays from 14.00-15.00, followed by tea and lively conversation – cost £3.50
- T’ai Chi for Falls Prevention (drop-in) is held on Mondays from 12.30-13.30 – cost £6
- Positive Movement, a programme designed for older people, is for anyone who is frail and/or at risk of falls, for those who experience mobility issues or a physical disability, for people living with a limiting long-term illness and for carers.Please click here for a full list of our Positive Movement sessions available in Hertfordshire
- Silver Sunday – a national celebration of older people and their contribution to communities. Through a variety of free activities Silver Sunday offered people over 65 a chance to keep active in body and spirit, try new things, meet new people and build bridges to overcome loneliness and isolation.
- Positive Ageing programme – an innovative programme for older people.
- Falls Prevention programme – 10 and 15 week programmes for 42 people funded by Hertfordshire County Council and run in partnership with North Hertfordshire District Council, NHS Hertfordshire and University of Hertfordshire.