We have, in furtherance of our mission, from our earliest beginnings sought to develop meaningful partnerships with other statutory, health, educational and third sector organisations.
Today, these include
- The University of Bedfordshire (with whom we are working closely on our Positive Movement Programme in constructing a three-year research study)
- Hillshott Primary School and Nursery with whom we are working to bring Mindfulness and Yoga programmes to pupils, teachers and parents
- Active Letchworth. We are a member of this consortium of local groups involved in physical exercise
- The North Herts and Stevenage Health and Wellbeing Group. We are an active member of this umbrella organization combining groups in North Herts and Stevenage which are concerned with health and well-being.
- Letchworth Arts and Leisure Group. We are an Associate Member of this energetic local cultural and social organisation.
- Over 50’s Forum. We have for many years been a member of this organisation which brings together all local groups concerned about and working with older people
We are currently in discussions with both Age UK Hertfordshire and the Garden House Hospice to explore establishing closer ties between our respective organisations, with whom we share both aims and users.
Our present work builds on previous close partnerships with many local and national organisations, the most significant being:
- Thames Valley University – as one of its Associate Colleges, we developed innovative programmes (including a two-year Diploma) to introduce health professionals to the principles and methods underlying many complementary approaches to health
- North Herts College — we were for five years in a formal partnership wherein our classes were part of the wider college consortium program
- Marie Curie Cancer Care— We designed and delivered nationally the complementary medicine module which formed part of their Cancer Care Diploma