“If you really want to change your life and open up opportunities, learning to practice
mindfulness is one of the most dramatically effective things you can do …”
Mental Health Foundation
The Letchworth Centre has been running Mindfulness programmes continuously since 2003.
Mindfulness is a gift that you owe yourself! It can immeasurably enrich your life. Mindfulness offers a way of changing the way you perceive the world, yourself and others. It presents a way of being which involves developing objective, non-judgemental awareness of what is happening in your internal and external space – in your thoughts, feelings and physical sensations.
People who practice mindfulness report:
• Reduced stress and a greater sense of calm
• An enhanced sense of wellbeing
• Improved self-esteem and greater confidence
• Being less distressed by physical and psychological symptoms
• Altered pain levels and an enhanced ability to cope with chronic pain
• Better ability to focus and concentrate
Whilst it has its roots in Buddhist meditation, the term as it is used today refers to a series of well-researched techniques largely based upon an 8-week mindfulness programme developed in the 1980’s in America. MBSR is the original, classic course that brought mindfulness into the mainstream.
The Centre offers:
- Online Mindfulness: Finding Peace in a Frantic World
- Mindfulness-based Stress Reduction (MBSR)
- Deepening Mindfulness
- Mindful Self-Compassion (MSC)
- Mindfulness for Schools Programme
- Mieditation for Inner Peace
- Online Meditation Room
- Silent Retreats
Donations will be welcomed and will be used to support the delivery of Mindfulness programmes for young people.