The Hypnobirthing course at the Letchworth Centre is run by Jess Slender, local birth doula and antenatal doula supporting women and birthing people in pregnancy and birth. Jess is the founder of Confident Birth Company. She originally trained in KGH hypnobirthing, and has also trained in ‘Your Baby Your Birth’ which is Hollie De Cruz’s (The YesMum) hypnobirthing course. She now runs a complete hypnobirthing and active birth ante-natal course at the Letchworth Centre.
As a birth doula and someone who regularly supports people birthing, Jess will walk you through all you need to know to prepare for birth. She’ll provide you with a wealth of information which she sees in practice to help you understand how birth works, how your mind works, why that’s important for birth, your care providers, your options, choices and how to navigate your path to birth so that you are looking forward to birthing your baby. Wherever you have your baby, from home to theatre. And you are equipped with the tools to provide comfort and confidence whilst navigating your own decisions along your journey.
The course will also include information on what to expect from the early days and weeks of parenting and how to make the transition into parenthood as easy and enjoyable as possible. And breastfeeding – the most common pitfalls, how to avoid them and how to get the right support to achieve your breastfeeding goals.
You will be given access to an online network of support after the course and Jess provides remote support to each of her hypnobirthing clients right up to and through your birth. You will meet other expectant parents from the local area and be part of an online group.
You will come along to the course from around 20 weeks pregnant, the fee includes a space for your partner or birth partner too. Some people will join the course later in pregnancy and it is never too late to make a difference!
The course provides you with:
- The knowledge, tools and techniques to give you confidence to have a positive birth experience
- A toolkit with a range of techniques for you to pick and choose to suit you, no matter where you give birth, home, hospital or theatre.
- How to use movement and positioning to help your baby move through the pelvis more easily, including specific techniques to turn a back-to-back baby
- Massage and pressure points for labour
- Your options, choices and rights and how to get the most out of your maternity care
- Information on inductions and caesarean birth including gentle caesareans
- How to create the perfect birth environment and what to pack in your birth bag
- How to create a birth plan and how to stay in control even when things are not going to plan
- A set of MP3s, a course handbook, access to an online support group, ongoing support from Jess
- How to be an incredible birth partner
- Breastfeeding and early days parenting
Birth is an incredible life affirming experience. Jess became a doula and a hypnobirthing teacher because she is passionate that every woman should have the opportunity to have a positive birth, no matter how you give birth. Her passion shines through in her classes. Having a positive birth, whatever that looks like for you, can change your life.
You can read more about what Jess does over at www.theconfidentbirthcompany.co.uk or call her on 07702160914, she’s more than happy to have a chat if you are thinking of booking on to the course but want to hear more.
You can find Jess on Instagram @doula_jess_slender and Facebook @theconfidentbirthcompany
Please see the booking form containing the terms and conditions for the course.
Tutor: Jess Slender