Mindfulness-based Stress Reduction offers, quite simply, a way of changing your life. By altering the way you think and perceive the world, it makes you less stressed, better able to cope, more positive, more aware – in short, more able to appreciate yourself and your life. Now offered in schools, in management training programmes, in health care and corporate settings, Mindfulness-based Stress Reduction (MBSR) is the centrepiece of the Mental Health Foundation’s campaign to ‘Be Mindful’.
– with our Mindfulness-Based Stress Reduction(MBSR) programmes
Originally developed at one of the leading university hospitals in the US over 30 years ago to help manage chronic pain, MBSR’s reputation for helping people to deal with a wide range of problems is now worldwide. Research over three decades has shown that people who complete the course report:
- Being better able to relax
- Being less distressed by physical and psychological symptoms
- Reduced pain levels and an enhanced ability to cope with pain that may not go away
- Reduced anxiety and depression
- Improved concentration and memory
- Better sleep
- Greater energy and enthusiasm for life
- Improved self-esteem
Research also suggests that mindfulness strengthens the immune system and develops areas of the brain associated with wellbeing. If you are considering doing the 9 week course please read this information. If you wish to enrol please complete the enrolment form and return with your payment to the Letchworth Centre for Healthy Living or call 01462 678804 to make a booking over the telephone.
MBSR is not a substitute for medical or mental health treatment